About Me!

I'm a busy stay-at-home mommy of a 2 year old monst-- er toddler. This is a blog about stuff I like to cook, including recipes and pictures. <3

recent entries

The Tofu Shake Diet!
Yum! Sweet Potato Snack
Ez Perfect Chicken Teriyaki
Bread in 5 minutes a day
Cream Biscuits
Fun with Biscotti!
Frozen Pudding Pie!
Cant Go Wrong - Bean Burgers!
Super Easy Apple Turnovers!!
The Amazing, Fool-Proof, Life-Changing, Artisan Br...


Messages

Archives






















Nearly Effortless Mexican Style Dinner!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008 | Time: 10:11 AM


Having a (very demanding) 5 month old baby, I don't cook as much as I'd like. But I also don't want to have to eat out, which is expensive, or eat unhealthy food, which is.. unhealthy.. So this is one really easy recipe I came up with. Its almost not even worth calling it a 'recipe' because there are only two ingredents and just one step. This one is wonderful for a multi-tasking mom, I can hold the baby, talk on the phone, cook and clean, at the same time with this one ;)
I use boneless, skinless chicken breast for this because I buy them cheap in a bag, frozen. Fresh chicken is expensive, but you can substitute pork or beef or another kind of chicken such as thighs.
You could really put whatever you have on hand in this. Hot peppers, canned tomatoes, etc.
For 4 Servings

2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2-3/4 jar of salsa (or picante)

Put chicken in crock pot (yes you can put it in frozen!) pour salsa over top. Add a little water, maybe a cup or so. Turn the pot on high for about 5 hours. Shred chicken with forks. Easy!


Serve on top of flour or corn tortillas with toppings you like - cheese, sour cream, guacamole,etc. You can use store bought guacamole, but I like the flavor better when I make my own. I dont really measure it so this is approximate - rule of thumb, just taste it ;)

Easy, Very Tasty, Guacamole
2 ripe, medium size avocados
1 tsp minced garlic (or powder if you have that)
1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
1 tbsp lime juice (or lemon, but lime is nicer)
1/3 of a yellow onion, chopped very small
1 chopped, ripe tomato (optional)

Cut avacado in half, lengthwise (from stem to end, and around the other way, from end to stem) and twist open. Pull out the pit, scoop out the avocado into a bowl. Mash with a fork. Add garlic, salt, lime juice, onion and tomato (optional), stir to combine.
I like to put my avocados in the refrigerator, and eat the guacamole cold.




© all rights reserved | Stephanie of so-kawaii.co.nr | powered by: blogger