About Me!

I'm a busy stay-at-home mommy of a 2 year old monst-- er toddler. This is a blog about stuff I like to cook, including recipes and pictures. <3

recent entries

Waffles! Oh Waffles! YUM
All about Mochi!!!!
Chicken Pot Pie :)
Cheese Stuffed Burger Things
Squishy, Sweet-y, Cinnamon-y... and Er, Oats!
Sweet, Creamy and... Green! Avocado Ice Cream!
OMG, Bibingka!
Sweetheart Lunch
Carne Asado with The Perfect Cornbread
Scotch Eggs... Another Way


Messages

Archives






















Sweet Potato Pie Cupcakes
Monday, February 23, 2009 | Time: 1:09 PM


Today, I woke up craving Sweet Potatoes. Um, yeah I guess thats weird. But when I got up I popped a big juicy sweet potato in the oven and went about my business, letting my mind wander in case I came up with any brilliant ideas.
About four in the afternoon, the idea came to me - Sweet Potato Pie Cupcakes! I've got half a jar of marshmallow fluff in the pantry. Perfect!! So I did a little research on sweet potato style cupcakes and decided to use this one. It was originally Burbon Sweet Potato cupcakes, from Bakerella.
I omitted the Burbon (though I'd love to try that some time) since I'm on a roll here with the whole Pie thing... They turned out beautifully. I am soooo proud. And they didnt take long to make, at all. Granted, the Marshmallow Cream topping did tend to crack, instead of spreading gooey-like all over the cakes. I have no complaints though, these were really good!

Sweet Potato Pie Cupcakes
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (OR mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, etc)
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
1 cup cooked sweet potatoes
1/2 jar Marshmallow Cream

* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* Line cupcake trays with 24 baking cups.
* Whisk together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a large bowl.
* In another large mixing bowl, mix brown sugar, butter and eggs until fluffy.
* Add sweet potatoes and vanilla. Mix well.
* Add 1/3 of flour mixture to sugar mixture until combined. Add second 1/3 of flour mixture. Add milk. Add final 1/3 flour mixture.
* Mix well with each addition.
* Fill baking cups. Top each with Marshmallow Cream.
* Bake for 12-15 minutes or until done.




© all rights reserved | Stephanie of so-kawaii.co.nr | powered by: blogger