About Me!

I'm a busy stay-at-home mommy of a 2 year old monst-- er toddler. This is a blog about stuff I like to cook, including recipes and pictures. <3

recent entries

Jelly-Roll Sponge Cake and Mochi Experiments!
Blueberry Almond Yogurt Banana Bread
No-Flour Brownies
Baked Mac + Cheese
Almond Butter Dark Chocolate Banana Brownies!
Things that Look Nice
Stuffed Chicken!
Rice Omelet
Moffles!
Home-style Tacos and Enchiladas!


Messages

Archives






















Toddler Snacks - Meatballs
Monday, August 31, 2009 | Time: 7:42 AM


Its hard to find good food anymore. At least, pre-made food. Lots of stuff you buy is just greasy and fatty and sugary... So sometimes its important (when you have time) to just make the kid somethin' healthy.
I just LOVE this book - The Toddler Cafe by Jennifer Carden
Bright colors, beautiful photos, delicious looking food... Its just the thing to addict me and make me buy it and stare at it for hours. But have I actually made anything out of it...? o.O~
Well now I sort of have :)
This recipe is based off of the one called Lord of the Apple Rings, which combines chicken sausage, spinach, apples and bread crumbs to make delicious looking meatballs.
As usual, this is my own version, using what I had on hand - beer bratwurst, sweet potatoes and cracker/coconut crumbs that I had leftover from Coconut Fish I made last night.
Because I am perhaps lazy and didn't really measure or pay attention to measuring guidelines... Ahem... Here is my approximate recipe. It just needs to look like you can pick it up and make it into balls. Not too crumbly, not too moist.

Ingredients:
2 raw beer bratwurst sausages (casing removed)
1/4 cup cooked sweet potato
1 egg
1/2 cup butter cracker and coconut crumbs
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine sausage, sweet potatoes, egg, and crumbs in a bowl with a fork (or if you're fancy, zip it a few times in your food processor). Form 1" or 2" balls (depending on how big your mouth is!) and place them on a baking sheet with a rack**.
Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, till nice and crispy on outside and firm to the touch.
Easy! Serve with apple slices.

**I have these little baking racks I bought at the dollar store that fit perfectly onto my jellyroll sheet pans. This keeps the meatballs from 1.) sticking 2.)sitting in their own grease and 3.)makes them crispier on the outside. It may even help them to cook better *shrug.




© all rights reserved | Stephanie of so-kawaii.co.nr | powered by: blogger