About Me!

I'm a busy stay-at-home mommy of a 2 year old monst-- er toddler. This is a blog about stuff I like to cook, including recipes and pictures. <3

recent entries

Coconut Fish and Sweet Potato Noodles
Toddler Snacks - Meatballs
Jelly-Roll Sponge Cake and Mochi Experiments!
Blueberry Almond Yogurt Banana Bread
No-Flour Brownies
Baked Mac + Cheese
Almond Butter Dark Chocolate Banana Brownies!
Things that Look Nice
Stuffed Chicken!
Rice Omelet


Messages

Archives






















Chocolate Pudding Brownies
Sunday, September 20, 2009 | Time: 1:37 PM


This recipe came about because I wanted to make cupcakes.
I didn't have any confectioner's sugar so I could possibly make cupcakes because they would just be wee cakes with no frosting and thats no good. I'm sure we agree.
So I decided to make brownies. But while I was going through my pantry for something inspiring, I found a box of chocolate pudding mix. Then I was like, hey, they make pudding cakes, I bet you could do that with brownies and it would be yummy.
Oh and, just in case you were wondering... These are the best EVER brownies. Ok I know you think you have the best ever brownies recipe but you don't! It's ok, I'm sure you were completely convinced. But alas, this recipe shall replace the old one with a vengeance!!
Ok granted, these are more like 'cake' brownies. I bet they would make FABULOUS cupcakes if you had some actual frosting.
See below the recipe for an even faster way of making these.

So without further ado - bc I'm kind of busy today - here it is...

Chocolate Pudding Brownies

6 tbsp butter
2/3 c sugar
2 eggs
1/4 c milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c flour
1 (appx 4oz) box of chocolate pudding mix
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

optional: 1/2 c chopped nuts &/or 1/2 c chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Get some cupcake papers in your cupcake pan or grease an 8" square pan.
Cream together the butter and sugar. This is the only step where you need a hand mixer.
Mix the rest of the stuff (minus the optionals) together with the butter mixture, by hand. Add in any optionals. Pour into cupcake liners, about 2 tablespoons for each, or pour all of it into your cake pan.
Bake about 15-20 minutes until they come clean with a toothpick or something stuck in (or if you're using a pan, bake 25-30mins).



This can be EVEN EASIER if you just omit everything but the pudding mix...
Make the pudding like you normally would using 2 cups of milk. Once its thick, mix it with a cake mix and (optional nuts, etc) and pour it in a pan and bake it about 30 mins. :)




© all rights reserved | Stephanie of so-kawaii.co.nr | powered by: blogger